SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A Few Blooms From Recent Days

shive
last year

One of my favorite new seedlings is reblooming this week. It's Pink Extraordinaire X Sexy Samantha #2. Besides the rebloom, it's also the fastest multiplier of the four siblings.

Seedling X Pink Aloha was the longest bloomer in my garden this season. This seedling bloomed on a single set of scapes for about 8 weeks, with this being the last flower on Monday. Although it was very well-budded last year (24-28), this year bud counts were only in the mid-teens. I think one of the scapes with the most buds must have come up later than the rest.

Here's my photo of it from June 11 when night temps were cool. It had started blooming a day or two before that. When cool and well-hydrated, it's very much a rose pink. When temps are in the 90s and the soil is dryer, the color is a warm medium pink.

Raven's Song is reblooming. I got this last year as a single fan and it struggled this year. I think grubs may have gotten to it in the Spring. I didn't get a picture of the first few blooms - I think it only had 3 buds - because it was so short (scape only 8 inches). The rebloom scape is the same height with four buds. I hope it survives because I'd like to hybridize with it.

Lightning Round on rebloom continues to be the prettiest flower in the garden.

September Flame, a very late bloomer from Woodhenge Gardens, is the last of my lates to bloom. It started over the weekend.

Debra

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks