SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_94878075

Washingtonia Robusta palm dieing? Please help

Dee Young
last year
last modified: last year

Hi, I have recently got two Robusta palm trees 3-4 ft in height from livingsocial site. I have planted them at the bottom of my garden into two big plant pots 42cm.Since putting these in a pot i have noticed some the palm leaves have split or turned slightly yellow and the palm didnt feel secure enough in the pot so i added some support by planting a stick and securing the root.My questions are. Too much water or not enough water? I water every other day depending on weather. If it rains than i miss a day. I use a watering can and water for about 5 seconds around the pot.
Plant not deep enough in the pot? The plant was planted just above half way of the pot but soil is 3cm below top of the pot. I have attached photos from when first received them till and now which is a week apart from each other. As you can see the plant has turned yellow in some areas and I am not sure if this is normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? Also I will be adding pot feet on Thurs for better drainage.

Comments (2)