SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_268755758

Would you BUY this BEAUTIFUL house.... that has NO HOT WATER?

My Mexican friend has fallen in love with a Large estate home in a luxury , safe community in Mexico. It's made purely of brick and mortar, with limestone cement walls all the way through.

It's a "natural-feel" type of home... no A/C, open air breezes, tall ceilings with fans. Only problem is...... there is no Hot Water installed.

There's a stove and microwave for cooking hot water, but showers, laundry, and hand-washing would all be cold water. The seller says they enjoyed cold baths for their immune health (should I laugh?) and the contractor said it would be a nightmare trying to install hot water plumbing, as it's made of sturdy rock and plaster material.

Question...would you buy it if you LOVED everything else about it? the location, the design, the flow, the aesthetics, the price.

How important are hot showers? I know there are health benefits to cold showers, but would this be an issue for YOU? I'm curious how important hot water is for folks out there........

YES, I'D BUY! I don't mind/enjoy cold showers, that's a minor inconvenience for me!!
HECK NO! I would never live someplace without hot showers!!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!