SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

China cabinet update/Sorry Beagles: I'm keeping it

jojoco
last year

DH is a sweetheart. We picked up the cabinet today in almost 90 degree weather and then schlepped it back to our house.

I LOVE IT!

It feels like it was made for the room. It is really well made with a working lock with skeleton key and two spring latches to keep the other door tightly closed. I went all over my house gathering knick-knacks to put in it and in the end decided my china was the best fit. It just didn't feel like a mix and match showcase kind of room. (and believe me, I tried) Plus, crisp white seems too strong with the moulding.

(there is no plate groove on the bottom shelf, so I couldn't put the oval platter there, which would have been my preference. Instead, I just stacked some of the dinner plates. Oh, and for all of you who thought I over estimated on the size, you were right. It is 16.5" deep on the bottom and the top is only 14.5" deep. )

I also found out that it was made by the Rockford Furniture company of Rockford, IL. The wood on the bottom is definitely a veneer, but a pretty one.

I am so glad I got it. I'm a formal gal at heart and swoon at stuff like this.

Thanks for the gentle shoves to go get it!

Comments (57)