SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryo2192

pachypodium mosaic disease advice please

ryo2192 ryo
last year

Hello.

The other day, I discarded a desert rose because it had "mosaic disease".

I did a lot of research later, but it seems that there are various types of plants that are strong or weak against "mosaic disease".

Desert roses are particularly susceptible to mosaic disease.

I also have a lot of pachypodium on the same oleander, probably infected from leaf malformations, but I haven't heard much about pachypodium mosaic disease.

I also have Gasteria and Chilecodon plants, and I have been pruning them with the same equipment, but so far no symptoms have appeared.

I don't know much about it, but is there a high risk of infection only in strains that actually have symptoms even if they have mosaic virus?

Haven't you done much research at universities, such as what kinds of plants are more likely to be affected by mosaic virus?

In fact, if more than 20 strains were cultivated in such a small room, even one strain of mosaic virus would infect all of them.

Until yesterday, there were eight more stocks.

It's a deformity of the leaves, but I think it will recover with the rooting process.

I was advised to discard it immediately, but isn't there a lot of plants that potentially harbor mosaic virus and don't develop symptoms?

close room

A desert rose that was purchased and discarded.

Since this time, there are signs of illness, but I had no knowledge at that time, so I bought it.

This strain is probably the source of infection, but I don't know because I bought a huge desert rose from Thailand at the same time.

Most desert roses appear to carry this virus.

Pachypodium leaf malformation

Is it better to discard even such a mild deformity?

If there are no severe symptoms, is it contagious?

Comment