SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
minpin1

What would you do here?

D Bee
3 months ago

This little pathway here between two patio type surfaces needs some attention. How would you handle this? It is constant maintenance to keep the two pavers swept clean. Thanks!

Comments (7)

• Chris
    3 months ago

Hi. I think I’d start by digging them up if possible and raising them up higher than the surrounding soil and landscaping.

D Bee thanked Chris
  • D Bee
    Original Author
    3 months ago

oh you are right, the might have sunk down!

• Christopher CNC
    3 months ago

Remove the plants and connect the two paved surfaces.

• D Bee
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Its really just a step through pass for me (the gardener/owner) not for pedestrians or anything like that.

To connect it would be just to much hard-scape and not look very elegant. Sorry if the pic didn't give the right perspective.

Chris' suggestion is the natural solution. It was staring me right in the face - sometime it takes another set of eyes. Thanks everyone!

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    3 months ago

I think connecting the paths would look far more ‘elegant’ than the current temporary looking paving slabs. Or, if it’s not a part of the paved area, get rid of the slabs and plant up the whole bed. If you need to step through just hide a single stepping stone among the plants.

• D Bee
    Original Author
    last month

So I pulled up the two pavers and raised them. I made a firm foundation and they are now very stable and a bit higher than the mulch. I have recently been reconsidering floral's suggestion of a single stepping stone. The two pavers take up a lot of garden space that I would rather plant up. lol