SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geoff_martin54

Bad tile job x2

EV
last year

We are in the middle of gut/renovating both of our full bathrooms (currently 3 weeks behind schedule) and I have some serious concerns about the tile job in both showers.

The black shower’s grout was supposed to be black, but came out light grey, the tiles don’t seem straight (I don’t recall them using spacers?), and the grouting in the niche seems a mess. The wall behind the shower head also feels as if it has a hump in it?

The white shower niche has extreme sloping on the top and the bottom (I know some sloping is Norma in the bottom of it seems drastic). The wall (which the built) also has a noticeable dip all the way down the side. The grout is also supposed to be white, but seems to look patchy and grey in some places.

An additional issue is that some of the floor tiles (not pictured) don’t feel completely even. I hadn’t noticed earlier, but I walked on them barefoot and it felt very noticeable.

These are all pretty solid issues, right?

We raised concerns last week and we’re told that things would look great once finished, but I’m incredibly skeptical.

Comments (3)