SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Ted Green, grandpa Ted, has passed on

Well, the time finally came for my grandfather to continue his journey, and I thought this would be an appropriate place to let you know. Ted passed peacefully at his home on Oahu on Thursday, at the ripe old age of 100. He had a profound impact on the Hoya and Orchid world, and he instilled in me a profound love of plants, as well.

Posted by Unsolicited Plant Talks

Unlike most posts where we celebrate the wonderful world of Hoya plants, we are going to celebrate the life of a true Hoya master, Mr. Ted Green. With his passing at the age of 100, I feel it is important to remember this amazing man and what he did for the Hoya community.

While the community is thriving, it would not be half of what it is without Ted Green. He was truly a founder of this community and he strived to show the world how unique and fantastic these plants really are. His love of Hoya led him to adventure far and wide to bring back many that we enjoy today.

Not only did he cultivate them, he shared his love and knowledge of them with anyone who wanted to learn. To do this, he published many articles on understanding Hoyas and how to care for them. While looking through his works, it is clear to see that Ted desired to show others that these little known plants deserved more acknowledgement. To see the extent of his research and adventures, you can explore his publications on https://www.ipni.org/

where you can explore his extensive knowledge.For those who are just learning of Ted Green and the Hoya community, a quick Google search will show that he was a warm and inviting man who would lend a hand to anyone, especially those who wanted to bring the joy of Hoyas to others. There are many interviews that can be watched where he and his wife Dorothy talk about his love of these amazing plants. He also had a website http://www.rare-hoyas.com/

My heart is heavy knowing that the Hoya community lost a true Hoya master and a huge part of our history. We will forever remember Ted Green as an integral part of the Hoya world. He is survived by his wife Dorothy and plant lovers that know our world is a little worse off without this Hoya legend

Comments (16)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES