SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_funes83

Anyone ordered from Mantle Furniture?

Laurie Funes
last year

Interested to know how they compare to Maidenhome quality. Website looks promising.

Comments (112)

• C J
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

@Konrad, @Renee Lynn, @Steve, or anyone else who has the Burke:

I am curious how you feel about the seat depth, back height, and arm height.

First, I know the seat depth is pretty standard, but wondering if you feel that it is too shallow?

Secondly, I know the back height of the frame is significantly smaller than the height of the back cushions. Does this cause any issues for you? It almost seems that if you lean back, the back cushion may bend over the back frame.

Lastly, the arm height is, of course, short. Does this cause any trouble for you? Especially if you went from a traditional arm height for a couch and may be used to resting an elbow there. But perhaps the cushion compression when sitting would make the height perfect for an elbow? Would love more insight here.

Thanks!

sidenote: @Konrad thanks for the suggestion of requesting Comfort 27 IDL - 2.55 Density option from Mantle. I will be doing this if I get the Burke chaise

• R Jain
    11 months ago

Hi all,

Has anyone ordered the Jasper sofa in leather? We are looking to order one 100" wide, in Camel leather. Trying to decide if we want the Q27 foam in our cushions or Q31, as we like our sofa to be firm.

Thanks

• Related Discussions

Anyone order from Furniture Ordering Direct?

Q

Comments (8)
    As far as Furniture Ordering Direct I am never heard of them. As far as Hancock and Moore there is a lot of information online about this company and that they are a top quality product although one of the most expensive. If you have considered this company you must have some knowledge of them so I wonder why you would ask this question. As far as bad reviews. Keep in mind that a retailer can have 100 happy customers and 2 unhappy customers and the unhappy customers are often the ones that will post negative reviews. Also keep in mind that with social media in general anyone can say anything about anyone and in doing so they may have other motives about writing a poor review. As far as Hancock and Moore they are a well established company and not everyone can become a retailer for them. If they have selected a retailer to represent them they are worthy of consideration. Contact the retailers that you might consider and make a judgement for yourself if you feel comfortable working with that company.
    ...See More

Has anyone received furniture from Alan Ferguson in 2009?

Q

Comments (2)
    We opted against ording from them and instead ordered from restoration hardware where we got a better deal with the recession sales. I did not find the sales associates to be very helpful in spite of the fact that we were the only ones there. Since it was raining when we visited the store, I went in alone and left my husband with the kids in the car - my husband called me that our newborn was crying and I mentioned to him that maybe the store had a bathroom I could use to feed him, and the salesperson rudely interruppted that I could not use their bathroom to nurse him since it was the only one in the store. I was the only person in the store! Needless to say, we didn't order from them!
    ...See More

dont order from - wholesale furniture brokers

Q

Comments (21)
    SAVE YOURSELF TROUBLE - DO NOT ORDER FROM WHOLESALE FURNITURE BROKERS and Be Cautious with ordering any furniture online. I made the mistake of ordering a their complete Sonoma Queen bedroom set online from Wholesale Furniture Brokers and have had the most unpleasant experience. The furniture looks good on the website, but when we received it and tried to assemble, it was a very frustating experience. To start with, the wood is the cheapest and worst quality imaginable for furniture purposes. It is very close to 'matchstick' quality wood and kept breaking during assembly!!! The metal fittings and screws are also poor quality. The bed slats were also of poor quality wood and a few millimeters short in length, such that it did not reach the support bracket at one end. Dissatisfied with what I had opened and assembled, I wanted to return some of the unopened and untouched items for a refund. But their 'Customer Service' refused to accept anything back saying the items were 'custom made to order'. When I pointed out to them that their labels and markings on the package indicated dates that were several months before my order was placed, the lady said she would check and revert back. Needless to say, they did not provide a satisfactory explanation nor accept the unopened boxes or provide a refund. I will never ever buy again from Wholesale Furniture Brokers and would strongly suggest that you do not either. It would be much more safer to buy furniture from a reputed physical shop where you can see and feel the material before buying and check that if for any reason, if you are dissatisfied, they have a reasonable returns policy.
    ...See More

Has anyone bought from furniture-gallery-shop.com

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi, I am megan and i stumbled upon a site http://www.furniture-gallery-shop.com and i saw 3 furnitures which i want to buy one from. my question here is has anybody purchased from that site? the site pretty much looks like ebay or something similar. i don't have any problems purchasing from ebay but i want to know if it is a legit ebay site. Please advise me fast because i want to order it before christmas. Regards Megan
    ...See More
  • Madison S
    11 months ago

@C J The seat depth does not at all feel too shallow. Im 5’6” and i can easily curl up onto the couch with both of my feet tucked close. I had the same concern about the back cushions, but they have no issues standing up against the back of the couch. Arm height is less of an issue for us because we have the sectional, and sit less frequently on the arm sides. I typically just put a pillow between my torso and the arm when i rest onto that side and it helps me sit comfortably.

overall, Id like to echo that the Burke is a VERY lounge-y couch. Its great for sprawling out with a book or in front of the tv, but for a more formal sitting/conversation it definitely needs some firm throw pillows. Not necessarily for comfort, but to help one sit upright and resist relaxing into the cushy comfort of the couch. i think this is due to the height+depth plus the thickness of the cusions.

• C J
    11 months ago

Thanks for the insight @Madison S! I am intending to use it in a lounge-y way, so this all sounds great.

• Konrad
    11 months ago

@C J I find seat depth, back height and arm height all ok. For context, I am 6', 180lb's and if anything, the seat depth is a little bit deep for me, with my lower back not quite reaching the pillows. But I like having a deeper sofa. I'm most comfortable when I use an extra pillow for lumbar support. I reached out to Mantle a few days ago to get some smaller lumbar pillows. I specifically asked about small pillows like the ones on the Ruby. They quoted me for 3 12" x 20" kidney pillows for $300 in olive woven fleece.

The low back height of the frame does not cause any issues for me. One reason I ordered the Burke was that I wanted to make sure I could easily move it, and the relatively short height makes fitting it through doors reasonably easy. A nice plus for anyone living an apartment like myself.

The armrest is perfectly comfortable for me on the Burke, but I'm not very picky about it in the first place. One of the aspects I like about it being so low is that it's very comfortable to just place a bed pillow up on it and lay on the sofa.

I want to stress that just because I had gone with the 27 IDL cushions, that doesn't mean that's going to be what you want. It's very much a personal preference. I wanted to sit on top of the sofa, and you could easily prefer to sit in your sofa, in which case the soft 16 IDL - 2.55 Density cushion would be a better pick for you. It's all about preference.

• hsh2012
    11 months ago

Hi Konrad - do you think the seat height is good? I’m not as tall as you and I am considering changing the legs on the Burke to the Ruby style legs which will bring the seat height from 19” to 17” and the back seats from 35” to 33”. Thanks

• Renee Lynn
    11 months ago

I’ve not had any issues with sitting in the couch, I’m 5’6”. My husband is 6’3” and he always enjoys the couch. We went with the standard and it’s supportive and feels good. I don’t feel the shorted back of the couch frame as the pillows don’t move and they give full support. If you like extra lumbar support, they do sell smaller throw pillows as others have mentioned. I didn’t get though and haven’t needed it, but I like to sit back in the couch. If you want your feet on the floor and sitting all the way back, you’ll need extra pillows depending on your height. The couch isn’t high but it’s deeper than most couches I’ve sat on so you sit back, not up high. It’s a great couch, I’m very happy with it!

• kwasibor
    10 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

UPDATE: Mantle Customer Service listened to both the feel and look of what I wanted and recommended the Comfort Firm Q27. In case that is helpful to anyone :)

I am so thankful for this thread as it's the only one that really talks about these sofas. I am convinced I am purchasing a Mantle Ruby L Sectional but I CANNOT decide on a cushion, OH THE OPTIONS!

I have a great deal of experience with Ikea sofas, so I am curious if anyone can compare the Mantle options to the "feel" of the Ikea sofas. The Kivik (medium firm on the Ikea scale), for example, is a firm sofa to me and while I own it, just not my favorite. The Uppland (extra soft on the Ikea scale) is more a firmness I enjoy.

Since the Ruby has the single cushion and we tend to sit in similar spots, I am worried about the sofa looking "sloppy" by selecting something that will "puddle".

Anyone have an opinion on which Cushion I should go for? For longevity, I definitely want the 2.55 density so, I think I have narrowed it down to:

Comfort Firm Q27: Qualux foam wrapped in Dacron fiber. Density is 2.55, firmness is a 3 out of 5, 5 being the firmest. These cushions should be rotated periodically. $215+ tax

Down Blend: Qualux foam wrapped in a down blend wrap. Density is 2.55, firmness is 2 out of 5. These cushions require fluffing and rotating. The cushions will puddle and have a relaxed fit. Feathers may appear from time to time. $550+ tax
    Spring Down: Qualux foam with springs inside core, wrapped in a down blend. Density is 2.55, firmness is 3 out of 5. These cushions require fluffing and rotating. The cushions will puddle and have a relaxed fit. Feathers may appear from time to time. $870+ tax

Does anyone have the Ruby with any of these cushions that can comment on the firmness and how they actually "look" after use for some amount of time? THANKS

• kwasibor
    10 months ago

@User .Now that you have been using your sofa can you comment on the cushion "comfiness"? I think I want what you ordered but I am a bit concerned it will be a bit too firm for cozying up on the couch. Thoughts??

• HU-920712786
    9 months ago

can someone comment on which fabric is the most ”performance” aka durable for dog and toddler? we currently have an interior define couch with performance fabric that looks new after a whole cup of coffee was poured on it—just dont want to deal with that company again

• kwasibor
    9 months ago

I poured coffee on the Milk colored fabric and let it sit there overnight. The next day I used folex and it completely came out. I also have a cat and found the weave to be tight from the sample so we went forward and placed out order with the Milk fabric which is their first group of fabrics. I think we will be happy with it for hard use

• jhv140
    9 months ago

I have an L shaped Burke sitting at the delivery place waiting for me to get access to the house it's for. Mantle customer service recommended the velvet for kids and dogs - I have a dog that likes to do zombies off the couch and my current West Elm sofa is pilling like mad. Hoping the velvet holds up well.

• Konrad
    9 months ago

@HU-920712786 You can get a bunch of fabric swatches for free. Mantle ultimately sent me 15 before I finalized my order. For pets either velvet or heathered weave would be good. Really can't recommend enough having swatches of the fabric you choose.

• Konrad
    9 months ago

@kwasibor Hope the Comfort Firm Q27 works out for you. To be completely honest, your desires seem contradictory to me. A softer cushion will puddle. For a sofa cushion to keep looking neat it's going to need to have some minimum level of firmness. Hence I try to describe the cushions as sit on vs sit in.

The problem with comparing the Ikea Sofa's you've listed is that they both have springs inside the cushion, which will feel different. Of the options you were considering, only the Spring Down Cushion Option has inner springs. So with the Q27, you have a cushion which is about 6 inches thick, instead of what appears to be maybe 2-3 inches on the Kivik and 1 inch on the Uppland.

On my Q27 the 8 way hand tied springs give a nice amount of support and pleasant bounciness. My cushions started out a bit firmer but have softened with use. Also something which I didn't see listed anywhere in the specs for the Burke is that it has spring edges! Can any Ruby owners chime in if their Rubies do too? It was a nice surprised. So regardless of if you're sitting in the dead middle of a cushion or on the very edge you're going to be comfy. Keep us updated when it arrives and how you like it.

• Renee Lynn
    9 months ago

@HU-920712786 I got the heathered weave after contacting them about my toddler and 85lb dog. I have a blanket covering it but the times I haven’t it’s cleaned very easily. It’s already so much better than the couch I replaced.

• Chris
    9 months ago

@Steve What cushion package did you go with for your Burke Sectional? How are the cushions and sectional holding up? Are you happy overall with the sectional and would you purchase again? Also what color legs did you go with and what size is the ottoman? Does the ottoman open at all? I am looking at the exact package that you ordered and was looking for some feedback.

• Steve
    9 months ago

@Chris we have the standard cushions and they’re holding up well; no complaints. I would purchase this couch again. We went with the lighter colored legs and rectangular ottoman. The ottoman doesn’t open, but you can contact Mantle and the can add that. We looked into it, but ultimately decided against it.

• Ch_xyz
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

Thank you all for such informative threads. I am looking to get the Ruby 90" with Q31. However, I am concerned about the bench seat puddling over time and am thinking of splitting it into 2 seat cushions, which Mantle can customize (makes it non-returnable btw). Can anyone pls comment on the bench seat puddling/smiley face over time...wondering if 2 seat option for Ruby is better? Thank you

• HU-630942479
    8 months ago

I eventually ordered the Burke with a custom seat depth of 30” and the Q27 package. Before deciding on that, we were strongly considering the Jasper with 3 cushions to avoid puddling. From everything I’ve seen, any bench cushion will puddle to some degree. I think the Q31 package would puddle the least but I think thats the tradeoff of the look. I looked at a bunch of photos on FB Marketplace and used furniture sites like Kaiyo.com to get an idea of how different brands held up over time, that was eye opening. I really wanted the abilty to rotate some cushions, even though I can’t fully rotate all of the Burke cushions because the center is different than the left and right cushions. Most sitting will be on the ends so that shouldn’t be a major issue. I guess I’ll know how it turned out in 4 to 6 more weeks.

• Ch_xyz
    8 months ago

Thank you HU-630942479 and good luck with the Burke! It is a good one for 3 seater and I am going back and forth between Ruby 2-seater and Burke 3-seater after looking at some pics of older sofas.

• jhv140
    8 months ago

Just received our Burke sectional yesterday. Got spring down cushions and slightly larger size of 105"x105" Cannot speak to user experience yet (as we're moving into the new home next week), but first impressions are very positive. Comfortable but you don't get stuck in it. Love the fabric (velvet).

• HU-630942479
    8 months ago

@jhv140 I just showed that to my wife, who refused to get velvet. She said she was wrong after seeing yours. Also, is that standard seat depth?

• jhv140
    8 months ago

Yep, standard depth! If I was nitpicky I'd say it could be a smidge deeper but it's much easier to get off this couch than our previous West Elm model (you don't get stuck in it). And so far love the velvet - it's not super plush, to the point where it feels closer to microfiber.

• kwasibor
    7 months ago

UPDATE - We received our sofa last week and I wanted to provide a more indepth review in hopes that it would help someone looking to make this purchase.

TLDR: We love the sofa and are very happy with our "sight unseen/booty unsat on" expensive purchase and expect to use it daily for many years to come

What we ordered:

1. Ruby sectional with a "custom" flip of the sections so that the left side had a solid cushion since that is what faces the TV and we tend to lay down in this corner.
    2. Fabric: Brushed Velvet in color Milk
    3. Cushion: Upgraded for about $250 to the Comfort Firm Q27. Quoted that the life of these is 10-15 years of regular use.

Who we are:

We are in our late 30's. I am 5 feet tall and my husband is about 6'1". We weight between 160-180 lbs and would say we are average weight and body composition.

Height:

I really enjoy the height of the sofa. It is higher than my previous sofa and I think it is just right.

Style: I'd say that the Ruby tends to look a bit more formal than some of the other styles but we have a very casual house and I think it looks really great. It adds a touch of "fancy" to the space but by no means looks out of place. This is our everyday, family room sofa, not a living room sofa no one will ever sit on. We love TV and movies and spend a lot of time on our couches. We work on our computers, eat meals, play games, watch TV, sleep, lounge, everything.

Sitting:

This was my biggest concern when ordering! Given the look that the sofa I thought it would sit too FIRM. This cushion package is a 3/5 firmness scale but my husband really didn't want the cushions to puddle or look sloppy and I really wanted cushions that were going to LAST so we did upgrade to the "firmer" cushions. We love the look of the single cushions but if they don't wear well, they can look really bad, really fast (big divots where you tend to sit the most since you can't switch the cushions out) In general, he tends to like things firmer than I do..so this was my biggest concern not being able to "test" the sofa before buying. I was very pleasantly surprised that the sofa has a really nice BOUNCE to it, which I was not expecting and I think really adds to the comfort. I really hate those low, deep seated sofas that are so soft and impossible to get out of! The lumbar/side pillows/back cushions are very high quality and very nicely stuffed. I think they will last a LONG time and continue to look great. As you can see from the photo, my cat likes to sit on the top o the pillows and they always get an indent but I think these will hold their shape very well. These can be moved around and rotated too so that's positive.

The dreaded Sit ON vs Sit IN the Couch Debate: There is a lot of talk in this thread about whether you want to sit IN the couch or sit ON the couch...well frankly, I wanted BOTH a supportive/nice looking cushion that was also comfy and loungy, I didn't see these as mutually exclusive desires. If you are a "goldilocks" firmness/comfiness like me, I think the standard cushion package (2/5 firmness) and this Q27 Comfort Firm (3/5 firmness) will suite you. Just my opinion after truly feeling the 3/5 firmness :)

Fabric: We are really happy with the color Milk. We wanted something a bit "tanner" or more "bone" colored but they didn't have anything in a fabric knit we could use with our cat so we compromised on a cream that's a bit lighter than we ideally wanted. I will probably be using Folex occassionaly and maybe investing in a small fabric cleaner. I am ok with that but this is the first truly "light" sofa I have ever owned. Overall we like both the look and feel of the fabric. It is soft and so far, hasn't gotten too "hot" in the summer. We also needed to consider our cat and it doesn't appear it's a fabric that interests him. His hair is sticking to it so we just need to use a lint roller to clean it regularly...this was to be expected. We ordered a lot of samples because many of the colors just didn't look the same in our room which faces North that just doesn't get as much sun. The "velvet" doesn't change color when you brush your hand over it (if this makes sense)...so, it's very TIGHT, which I like more than a "traditional" velvet (which seem hot to me??)

Length: Even with my husband who is over 6 feet tall, we can both lay down on either side. The arm rests are low so his feet can hang off the "short" side easily. On the "long side" he fits with room to spare.

Depth - Aside from firmness, another concern of mine was depth, I am a bit picky about this because I am short. Some of these super deep sofas that are in style are SO annoying because I can't "sit" on them as my legs dangle, so, I don't want it too deep BUT I also like to sit with my legs crossed Indian Style so it needs to be deep ENOUGH to sit comfortably like this too :) It might be just a TOUCH shorter than is my ideal but I expect the cushions to continue to break in and give me another 1/2" or so that would make it perfect. The photo is of my sitting with my back completely straight

My one gripe (which is easily remedied) - There is an abundance of lumbar pillows which LOOK great but in reality, aren't used by us for lumbar support AND there is just SO MANY of them. We found we were constantly throwing them around and landing on the floor. We resolved this by just stowing 2 pillows away for the future. We use the lumbar pillows instead for actually laying down on/head pillows and they are quite comfy. We are big "lay downers" on the sofa and always have pillows and blankets for laying, so this works out nicely since they look much better than a regular bed pillow.

Delivery - This isn't Mantle's problem but Deliverright was terrible. Impossible to schedule with, no one answers phones or responds. Finally got a delivery date (which they offered) then they cancelled and rescheduled. Finally, got the sofa all dirty before bringing it in because they put on their "white gloves" and touched dirty boxes, etc before the covered/protected sofa. So, we had to CLEAN a brand new sofa. Annoying. It was comical how bad this company was with delivery.

• HU-630942479
    7 months ago

Great write up. Mine gets delivered this week. I really hope there’s no delivery drama. If there is I’ll make sure to let Mantle know. Its a shame that a service that is completely out of their control could give customers a negative experience, especially when Mantle customer service is so great. If its a common thing with Deliverright then they might start looking for a better service.

• HU-630942479
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

Mine showed up early today and the delivery was smooth and trouble free. I’m very happy with the sofa. The build quality is obviously very solid. The Q27 cushion package firmness is perfect for me. I ordered it with a custom seat depth of 30” so it’s perfect for stretching out. The fabric is the woven fleece ”beach” color. It’s soft and appears like it will be very durable.

• hsh2012
    7 months ago

For the seat depth of 30”, what is total width from the front to back side of the couch? Thank you!

• HU-630942479
    7 months ago

@hsh2012, I just measured it and it is 44” deep. It is absurdly deep, as intended. If you intend to sit more than lounge on it I personally wouldn’t go more than 26” deep. Two average adults can lay on it with heads on opposite sides without feeling crowded.

• Giselle
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

@hu-630942479 I’m considering purchasing the Ruby sectional in the woven fleece fabric in the beach color as well. Can you please share a picture of yours? I’m having a hard time imagining the swatch on a larger scale. Mantle customer service did share some samples, but in the warehouse lighting. thanks!

• HU-630942479
    7 months ago

@Giselle this is the best picture I have on my phone, I’ll try to get one with better lighting

• kendalmh
    7 months ago

@kwasibor Great in depth review! I have a question about the Ruby. i

If you were to lean back against the arm without without lumbar pillow, like laying on the sofa, is it comfortable? The arm looks pretty low, as in not much space between the cushion and arm to support your back?

• kwasibor
    7 months ago

@kendalmh the arm is very low but I see that as a positive when trying to lay down as you can use the cushion to prop your feet or head up or simply remove the cushion to let your feel hang off. This style is more conducive to laying, in my opinion, over something with a high rigid arm rest, if that makes sense. You really can't lean your back against the arm in any propped up way... you would be better off snuggling into the corner of the sectional but I do often lean into the arm with my feet tucked up under me to the side with my elbow resting on the side cushion and I find that very comfy. Hope that all makes sense ;)

• kendalmh
    7 months ago

Yes. That makes sense. I’m debating having the arm made higher but you made a good point. Thanks for responding!

• kwasibor
    7 months ago

Awesome! You can't go wrong, I pretty much exclaim everyday how much I love our couch!

• Nacho G
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

@hu-630942479 what was the cost to do the custom seat depth if you dont mind me asking HU-630942479

• Connor C
    5 months ago

@User - I purchased the same configuration as you for the burke.

I have noticed the chaise had a bit more sink feeling to it than the middle and end cushions. Have you experienced anything like that?

The middle cushion is also a bit stubborn in staying down and tends to lift up a bit.

• Rachel B
    3 months ago

I haven't but I find Reddit a good source for any reviews. From a Reddit post I went to their blog.

https://insidersguidetofurniture.com/affordable-8-way-hand-tied-sofas-at-reasonable-price/

Here is the original post on Reddit written by the person who wrote the guide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/furniture/s/3bje7IBKDl

Seems like the person is well informed.

• vermontsuesw
    3 months ago

I am also looking at sofas and am torn between Mantle and Dream Sofas. I wrote to Mantle this morning with a bunch of questions and got a detailed response within hours. That seemed like a good sign. I am sharing some info about fabrics.

• All of our fabrics are performance fabrics with the exception of Modern Shearling and are stain protected and easily cleanable. Our pet friendly fabrics include Brushed Velvet, Heathered Weave, and Classic Velvet. Please note pet friendly means that the fabric is tightly woven to prevent snagging and reduce hair cling. The difference in the fabric grades is reflected in the price it cost us to purchase them from the mill, not durability. Our fabrics are not fade resistant. Here is a list of our fabrics with their contents, double rub counts, pill rating and cleaning codes.
    • Brushed Velvet- 100% Polyester, 50,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 5, cleaning code WS
    • Classic Velvet- 82% Polyester, 18% Cotton, 100,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 5, cleaning code WS
    • Heathered Weave- 100% Polyester, 165,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 4, cleaning code W
    • Heavyweight Boucle- 100% Polypropylene, 30,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 4, cleaning code WS
    • Heavyweight Classic Chevron- 100% Polypropylene, 30,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 5, cleaning code WS
    • Heavyweight Textured Weave- 51.15% Olef, 48.85% Polyester, 51,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 4, cleaning code W
    • Modern Linen- 51% Rayon, 22% Linen, 16% Polyester, 11% Cotton, 18,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 5, cleaning code S
    • *Modern Shearling- 100% Polyester, 25,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 5, cleaning code S (Not a performance fabric)
    • Two-tone Weave-92% Polyester, 8% Linen, 100,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 4, cleaning code WS

Woven Fleece-100% Polyester, 93,000 Double Rubs, Pill Rating 4.5, cleaning code W

• J MAC
    2 months ago

Highly recommend Mantle Furniture! It’s been approximately a year since we’ve had their Jasper sectional in woven fleece with standard everything. It still looks amazing!

I was very nervous about ordering a couch from a company I hadn’t heard much about and saw minimal reviews online- I didn’t want any upgrades that might negate their return policy. That being said, there is no noticeable puddling/comfort wrinkles on the standard bench cushion! The back cushions have a bit of height loss to them compared to when it was brand new but it does not look bad at all. My dogs have managed to pull some threads but that is my fault (I wasn’t a fan of the colors for the pet friendly fabrics). I will definitely repurchase from them in the future with no fear to customize because their quality is top notch and I won’t want to return it

• Audrey
    last month

I am really interested in the Burke 100 inch in leather option - did anyone here order similar configuration? What's your experience with the leather? (I'm looking specifically at heritage leather in copper).

• emh5192
    last month
    last modified: last month

Highly recommend Mantle furniture. Like others have mentioned, we were nervous about going with a company that we couldnt try first, but this was worth it!

We had a couch from a large store that was less than a year old and showing horrible wear and break in. After being so disappointed with that brand and finding Mantle / this forum, we decided to give Mantle a chance. I’m so glad we did.

To start: Customer service was so helpful and great to work with. They listened to what we were looking for, what we didn’t like about our current couch, and then gave recommendations on cushion upgrade and fabric. They gave us all the information we asked for - cushion foam density, rub counts, etc. the transparency they have was encouraging and helped us build trust that we were going with a quality brand.

We ended up going with the 110” Burke sofa and 30” ottoman. We upgraded the cushions to the Luxe package ($530 for our two items) and chose the Heathered Weave Quartz fabric.

Our order arrived way sooner than we expected. We were told it could be 2-4 weeks for production and another 3-6 for shipping. I submitted the order on January 29 and the couch arrived February 22. It’s been a little over a week and we love the new couch and are happy we returned our old one.

I share all this to say, if you’re on the fence or hesitant, don’t be. Do your research, call and talk to support to identify customizations best for your situation, and you can’t go wrong!

Also, thank you to everyone else who has shared on this post. The information was so helpful in our decision!

• Jessica
    29 days ago

I am glad to see all the positive reviews. I just placed an order for the 110” Burke sofa and 30” ottoman in Heathered Weave Quartz with cashew feet. I upgraded the cushions on both pieces to Q27. Customer service (aka Jess) has been amazing to work with!

• Laurie Funes
    Original Author
    27 days ago

Did you speak directly with them, or just through emails? I’m planning to order the Burke in a few weeks.

• Jessica
    27 days ago

I communicated with them via email and phone. I called to be invoiced for the upgraded cushions.

• emh5192
    27 days ago

I communicated both by phone and email as well. They were also excellent at sending all the information we spoke about by phone in email - primarily detailed information to upgrade cushions and fabric care information.

• Aaron
    27 days ago

In my case it was 100% email. Jess was fantastic. I prefer email because I had a lot of questions and being able to refer to the answers in writing helped to keeps prices, specs, etc. straight.

• Jessica
    26 days ago

@emh5192 The back cushions on your Burke are detachable, right?

• emh5192
    26 days ago

@Jessica yes, they are!

• Randi Robinson
    23 days ago

@emh5192 what are the luxe cushions like?

• Ann Skorupski
    7 days ago

I just ordered the Burke Right Chaise Sectional. After reading all of the reviews I could find and live online chatting with Ashley (very helpful) on the Mantle website, I decided on upgrading to the Q27 cushions for the loveseat section and Q31 cushion (4/5 firmness) for the chaise ($240 +tax). I chose the Q31 because I will not be able to rotate the cushion on the chaise. The upgraded cushions are a separate purchase, which Ashely emailed the invoice to me. I hope that this is the last sofa I ever have to buy! I will update with a photo and my thoughts on the quality, pricing, and delivery when it arrives.