SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daletroye_jarmuth

Suggestions On First-time Remodel

T Jarmuth
last year

We’ve been in this 1945 farmhouse for thirty years. We are quasi-retired (ages 72 and 64) who would like to improve our home for openness to entertain and hang out with each other, and to “age in place”.

We are in the early stage of this project, going slowly with the layout, and working with an architect/kitchen designer and a builder. (We still operate our electrical contracting business so know many skilled folks in the area.)

My focus for this post is to get feedback on the floor plan. Things you should know: our septic is for two bedrooms only, my husband and I use both bedrooms, an “aging-in-place” bathroom remodel will take place later, the kitchen dishwasher is purposely placed so wheelchair or walker access is safer in the galley kitchen.

We will install real white oak hardwood flooring to match the rest of the house, use Kraftmaid cabinets (mission-style, painted linen), black leathered granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and range hood, probably BM white-colored walls…

I’m really excited to read your feedback. Thank you.

Comments (7)