SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_533181306

Losing my mind to grey paint colors for a dark home

DA SB
last year

I'd like to preface with saying we have a baby on the way and the time crunch to paint and set up nursery is happening. Hence my anxiety.

Home itself faces east in a very wooded area, with all windows east and west facing. The only direct sunlight is west faceing sun for a few hours in the afternoon. We have great recessed lighting, but the rooms can be pretty shaded / dark entirely from indirect light most of the day. We have hardwood floors with a brown stain that reads a bit red tinted.

BM Balboa mist is my fav but it dries very dark on my walls due to the minimal natural light, and dark colors feel almost claustrophobic in our small space. I've tried ( BM) Classic Gray, Grey Mist, Pale Oak - all yellowy cream in appearance. Then Edgecomb, Revere Pewter (BM) and (SW) crushed ice, agreeable grey too dark.

I'm desperate for advice / direction. I'm now thinking maybe warm off whites since the greys were so problematic, but everything reads as yellow cream.

Goals:

I was hoping to keep it simple: a warm, neutral color that I won't get sick of for the common areas, and maybe one color that all the bedrooms have.

I love a greige that leans pale grey but has the beige undertones to warm in up.

I tend to hate most non-neutral colors.

I want a home that feels cozy and calming.

Hate:

True Beige

Cream

Cold feel of a painted room.

Dark walls.

Comments (14)