SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mel_melvineaux

Need third bay garage ideas

Mel Melvineaux
last year
last modified: last year

My husband and I are planning on converting the third bay of our garage into his "man cave" or whatever you want to call it. The plan is to wall it off, close/seal any holes or gaps in the garage door, and install a mini split in there. With two cars in the main garage and a straight wall across the third bay, it'll be a little difficult to open the car doors and get our kids in/out, so my initial plan is to build the wall back a bit or at an angle to allow space for the doors. I'm guilty of having extreme tunnel vision when I come up with solutions and I fail to see other ideas/perspectives before committing to mine, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any better suggestions for me or ways to tackle this. This'll be my first rodeo with a construction project and I'd like to have a solid game plan going in before I talk to any contractors. Including a photo of the third bay from our house garage door (this is a listing photo, we don't currently have as much stuff in there).

Or, would it be better to just leave as-is and go with the mini split idea and seal both garage doors?

Comments (11)