SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_75579692

Help with kitchen cabinet color

HU-75579692
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

We are uodating our galley kitchen. we’ve chosen a white with grey veining quartz for the countertops and backsplash. The appliances are mostly black with some stainless. We are painting the cabinets and need help with color — I’m having a hard time visualizing the room without the warm wood.

We haven’r decided on floors yet either. in general the house has a lot of warm wood so i am wondering if the cabinets can be all cool, like light grey. Or maybe light on top and darker on bottom. Help, please!

Adding a few notes, based on the first responses:

1) The clutter is all going away, including the microwave. Other applianxes are staying.

2) A major remodel is not happening, as much aa that would make the design deciisons easier. We’re working with this. The floors will be done and will likely remain a light linoleum or tile.

3) My main question is what color to consider for the cabinets, considering the counters and splash will be white with some grey veining and a touch of warm gold/brown. i think the paint color needs to be warm, rather than cool. Wondering if light on top and darker on bottom would work.

Comments (34)