SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_269984591

How to overlay / resurface my concrete front porch?

HU-269984591
last year
last modified: last year

I've been debating several different options on how to resurface my concrete front porch. I recently painted the house, and the concrete porch doesn't match or look good. It's also got old flaking paint. I'd like to overlay / resurface the steps, patio floor, and the border at the top of the brick.

I considered staining it or painting it, but after a few mockups I didn't love how that looked. Then I thought about maybe covering it in a wood deck, or stone pavers / slate tile. I'm leaning more towards the pavers / tile right now.

I'm not looking to do a complete (and expensive) overhaul, so I'd like to work around the existing metal railing. I don't want to rip up the concrete and have to do something structural with the support columns. So, a thinner paver, or tile, could be a good option to lay around the railing. But I do love the look of real flagstone.

Here are a couple pics. I'm open to painting the brick below the porch back to light gray, if it would contrast better with a dark porch / steps. 2nd Pic is before I painted it dark gray.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (6)