SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Vox article on millennial cooking trends

Well, I posted a long treatise on my opinions about this article but I lost it when trying to post.

So anyway, here it is for your perusal and comment. From 2019, but I see some of the "eat at home" trends intensifying with the pandemic. Does not reflect any of the millennials I know, who seem to socialize almost exclusively with family, but it could just be my set. My friends too. I can't really get into the dinner party or luncheon or even brunch with friends trend anyway, having so few local friends. My last "girls night out" was summer of 2019. Oh well, a gal can dream. We've always eaten in, since unless the restaurant had really nice ambiance or food we didn't normally cook, was not worth if for us. Where I live now, few opportunities for anything like that. Some of my favorite restaurants have closed and others are declining in quality. Hard time for the restaurant business that was already on the decline. We haven't eaten out since last summer and don't feel like we are missing out as of yet. As I mentioned, many of our old faves have closed and we're not going out to a beer pub and spending 60 bucks for something we could make for 1/3 the cost at home and enjoy the ambiance even more . . . Our porch is perfect for summer entertaining but so far we haven't found anyone or the right chance to use it for that. We had great steaks on the grill last Sunday but it was just us and my 90 year old Dad. The last time I threw a luncheon it was last summer for one of his 90 year old friends visiting from out west.

Anyway, here's the article for your perusal and comment.

"How a recipe goes viral on Instagram"

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/2/6/18212648/alison-roman-chickpea-stew-cookies-viral-recipes-instagram-millennials-cooking

Comments (30)