SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
mark_furtak

MiracleGro snafu?

Anyone know of changes at MiracleGro? I have used their water soluble All Pupose and Bloom Booster fertilizer forever but this year I think something might have changed. One was always blue and the other was pink (I can't remember which was which). This year they are both blue but are marked on the bag. Most things are reluctant to bloom and it's July. Could there have been a packaging mistake or a reformulation? I know from experience in marketing that manufacturers change ingredients but still have old labels that they want to use up. Anyone else notice the difference?

Comments (5)

• gobluedjm 9/18 CA
    3 months ago

I use MG bloom booster shake and feed in plastic bottle and it is green pellets.

I also have MG all purpose plant food water soluble and it is blue. Both are at least 3 yrs old since I use sparingly.

I would get on their website and ask or check faq's.

Mark Furtak SoCal high desert z11 thanked gobluedjm 9/18 CA
  • Mark Furtak SoCal high desert z11
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I've done that and I'm waiting for their reply. I will update the post

Original Author
    3 months ago

Here is the reply from Miracle-Gro

Thank you for contacting us and for the opportunity to help you with your gardening endeavors.

Miracle-Gro Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food product is a greenish blue food grade food coloring. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Bloom Booster Flower Food product is also a greenish blue food grade food coloring.

A colorant is added to Miracle-Gro Water Soluble fertilizers to help distinguish it from plain water. The color of the plant food can change due to environment conditions; however, this will not affect the performance of the product.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    3 months ago

You are aware that "bloom booster" fertilizer really does not work as intended, is usually unnecessary (adequate P and K already present in most soils) and is considered a marketing ploy/garden myth?

Myth of Bloom Booster Fertilizers

Mark Furtak SoCal high desert z11 thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thanks I will save my money