FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Do you use the “Patient Portal” for your doctor?

petalique
last month
last modified: last month

Do you use the “Patient Portal” for your doctor?

I have several doctors who invite their patients to use the ”Patient Portal” to view their various reports and through which to ask questions.

I have not done this for a few reasons, one of which is privacy. Of course all medical practices insists that all data is secure. That is open to discussion.

Recently, a huge diagnostic imaging corporation (Shields) revealed that it had been hacked and patients’ medical and personal information was compromised (names, addresses, insurnace information, DoB, SSN).

Another concern is that of the ability to identify an individual or party through their ISP identity which (as I understand it) is an out-of-view data component of all transactions through your computer or device. Granted, your doctor or her/his staff will not likely see this, be aware of it, or care. However, they are just a segment of the potential ”eyes” falling on the data that is transmitted with any digital transaction such a site visits and communications as well as email. (I imagine that there are some eyes glazing over at what I’ve written.)

Do you use patient portals? Do you have concerns? Do you just use them without any worries or concerns?

Please excuse typos, I will try to correct, but Houzz software for these forums makes it nearly impossible to SELECT* and edit text. * My dsiplay begins to scroll uncontrollably, and jump around.

PS I will try to cross post this to HDConvo, but the cross posting options are variale. From The Kitchen Table, the cross postion options I see, scrolling down, do not include, Home Decoratimg Conversations. Maybe It will work the other way around? I am reluctant to make two different postings.

Update: I cannot, given the options, X-post to either place, form either place. I’ve scrolled up and down the options offered to me, several times, very carefully. I’ll ask in a separate thread, but how DO you do it?

Comments (50)