SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murasaki_rx

Help ID a rose, could this be Cl. American Beauty

murasaki_rx
last year
last modified: last year

Hi, I have a very old rose growing in front of the house, we found it here when we moved in. Very tall shrub, stiff canes, thorny. Very strong, wafting fragrance. Once-blooming, I think,but it gets lots of shade from a grapevine in summer.The colour changes quickly and fades to an amazing violet hue. The only rose i could find any similarity with is Gypsy Boy, but I asked the experts on Geschwind roses and we established that it couldn't be. I got a suggestion that it could be Cl. American Beauty, and i indeed see a lot of similarities, but i don't know how available this rose might have been around here back then. I am in Southern Europe, Romania, zone 7b. Thanks for all the help!
For some reason I can't upload the pics in a post, just in comments. They take forever loading and then it just freezes like this, even if i resized them to make them small. It works only with comments. But at Carol's suggestion I am also posting the link to the Geschwind roses, where I posted a lot of pics and we discussed this rose:
https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6277319/geschwind-roses

Comments (10)