SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paintedpeggies

Update on empty living room

Painted Peggies (zone 6a)
last year
last modified: last year

Hi everyone!

I had posted here previously about our almost empty living room at the entrance to my home. This is a second living room that is adjacent to the dining room. It’s the first room you see when you walk into the house. Our main family room is off the kitchen and that’s where we watch TV as a family and play games.

Originally I was going to get rid of the gray existing sofa but now I’m considering keeping it and just adding arm chairs and the rest of the furnishings.

Do you think I can pull it off or should I look for a new sofa as well? I don’t have a huge budget and I don’t need top-of-the-line furniture but I would like something that looks nice. I know people’s feelings about expensive furniture here, but this sofa is from Macy’s.
We bought it over 10 years ago for about $600. It’s made in America and has held up amazingly well. It was our main sofa far for almost the entire time we’ve owned it, With three kids and a dog.

I’m attaching a few photos of the look I’m going for. Our home is a 1980s contemporary home but it does lean a bit mid century. I’d like to stay with that look but I’m not sure if my existing sofa will fit that aesthetic…

What do you think?

Current sofa from Macy’s

Chairs I’m considering or similar style:

Living rooms I like:

The room currently (ignore the current chair):

Comments (4)