SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

Recipe help needed again

Lyban zone 4
last year

Hi,

i have made this recipe a few times and love it but with the 35% cream find it too rich and too many calories.

i would like to substitute 15% cream but know i will have a hard time to get it to thicken. any other tricks i can use

here is recipe

Ingredients

• 4 Skinless chicken thighs ( i usually use skinless breasts)
  • 1 tbsp smoked paprika
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1 Lemon
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 tsp dried oregano (1/3 cup fresh)
  • 16 medium size mushrooms
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper

Steps

• Step 1Slice the mushrooms medium thick and chop the oregano leaves if fresh. Set aside.
  • Step 2Sprinkle smoked paprika, salt, and pepper on your chicken thighs. Both sides.
  • Step 3In a large frying pan over high heat, add 3 tbsp olive oil. Add the chicken pieces and sauté. Let the chicken sear until golden brown, approx. 5 minutes. Flip thighs over and cook for another 4 or 5 minutes. Set aside on a warm plate.
  • Step 4To the same pan om medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the thickly sliced mushrooms and sauté until brown. Toss a few times then add the minced garlic and oregano, cook for 30 seconds. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Add the chicken stock and continue cooking until almost reduced. Pour in the cream, season with salt and pepper and reduce a little longer.
  • Step 5Place the chicken pieces back in the pan to reheat in the sauce. Flip them over. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh oregano.

Comments (14)