SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wsurrette

KitchenAid 36" induction cooktop..

wsurrette
last year

I have a newish (less than 4 years old) KitchenAid 36" induction cooktop model number KICU569XBL. It's been a great cooktop in terms of performance, style, and cleanup... Until tonight. My wife was sauteing in a Le Creuset cast iron skillet and boiling water in a steel pan. Nothing was at extreme high heat.

She heard a fairly loud popping sound and the cooktop went dead.... no lights/power at all. Checked the breaker and it was not tripped, but I shut it down and waited about 20 minutes and flipped it back on. Nothing. No lights, key response or anything else.

I am very pessimistic that the main control board is fried... so that means big $$$.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Oh, and while I'm venting.. our other KitchenAid appliances have basically sucked too in terms of reliability. Refrigerator.. KRMF706ESS had a wiring harness failure (fixed twice under warranty), total icemaker failure, an issue with the fridge suddenly losing cooling (fixed with breaker reset) and most recently the left fridge drawer would bind up with no internal obstructions. Turns out (we believe) that the shut down icemaker was leaking water to the tray under that drawer and it would freeze and obstruct the drawer movement. Solution? So far, melt the ice with a hair dryer shut off the water supply to the fridge. Oh, and the dishwasher randomly loses power and a breaker reset is necessary.

Well I can say that our KitchenAid stand mixer has held up well!

Of course one might suspect electrical issues could be the cause, but we completely redid all of the wiring to the kitchen including a new 200 amp subpanel and all new dedicated wiring to each appliance.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Gusman

Comment