SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlynn1187

Help me decorate our bonus room before our housewarming!

jlynn1187
last year

Hi everyone, I could really use some help with this “bonus room” at the front entry of our home. We already have a dining room, and we have most of the kids toys in the basement, so we were thinking this would be a great room to use for overflow seating when we have people over, or a quiet place to sit and read, or maybe even a room where the kids can do crafts and homework. Room dimensions are 11’ x 15.3’.

I’m including below some photos of the room. I’d love to use all of the furniture I have in there currently - except that I do plan to return one of the sets of ottomans that I plan on having nestled under the little table in there for extra seating (just haven’t decided which pattern I like better).

Obviously I need to figure out what to do with the long wall, which is sad and empty right now. I thought maybe desks/chairs for the kids, some shelving, maybe some artwork, wall sconces, etc. I really love collage walls also, but I could find somewhere else in the home to do one of those.

I also need to figure out a window treatment. I debated doing a straight rod across the front with a single panel on each side, or I could do one of those rods made for bay windows and panels in between each window (possible with Roman shades over the windows as well). I’m thinking a light color—maybe a cream. Here are some window treatment options I love:

My style is Pottery Barn meets Fixer Upper. I prefer lighter shades, nothing too crazy bold although I do like a good statement piece and/or accessory here and there.

I’d love some ideas for quick, easy and relatively inexpensive updates I can make before we host a big family party on July 10th! I know 2 weeks doesn’t give me much time but I figure I can do SOMETHING in here by then, even if not the final product.

I’m also including below some mood board ideas I’ve collected along the way… thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (49)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES