SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kurt_euler

Lennox AC rattling, please help...

Kurt Euler
last year

Hi. I have a neighbor in back of us who has a Lennox XC16 AC unit. The issue is that when it's on, it emits a loud rattling sound on top of the nearly inaudible fan sound. This noise makes it unpleasant to be in our backyard. (The neighbor's family rarely seem to be in their backyard, so apparently they aren't as annoyed at the sound as we are.)

I've spoken with the neighbor about this. We examined the enclosure and could find no accessible suspect areas. He had a maintenance technician come to look at it, and apparently the guy said that the unit sounded normal. believe the neighbor, but find the technician's claim hard to believe. If the technician is right, it doesn't speak well for Lennox.

Here is a link to 20 seconds of audio of the sound.Hopefully you can hear the rattling.

Can anyone assist with this issue? Have you heard of it? If so, is there a resolution to it?

Apart from metal striking metal, my only thought is that the noise could be collapsing coolant bubbles. But in any case, if the sound is indeed "normal", Lennox could have designed more noise dampening.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kurt

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions