SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
36vintage

powder vs liquid amount?

36vintage
last year

I finally decided to check the amount of liquid detergent at the "line 1" indicated on the Tide liquid cap. Dados is correct in the use of 2 table spoons for the liquid detergent for the front loader; the Tide instructions say to use line 1 for "medium" loads which is also 2 table spoons. I just filled a 30 ml (2 table spoons) on a 30 ml glass with water & poured it in the Tide cap; saw amount is at the cap line 1.

So should the amount of powder be at the same 2 table spoons? I am using around 3+ table spoons for powder with the 50 ml scoop that came with the Sears powder. The thing is the Tide powder scoop looks to be around the 1/4 cup as the 2 table spoons came to around at th 1/2 to the scoop line 1.

Is more powder needed for the HE powder detergent for the front loader? On the surface, I don't see how using powder is less expensive than liquid as I've read.

Not really going to change my habits but curious. Are other detergent companies using the same lines on there liquid detergent caps; same with the powder scoops?

Comments (7)