SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkay2000

What to do, what to do?

bkay2000
last year

I ordered hosta from a not to be named hosta farm. The shipping was late, so I attempted to cancel the order due to our our high temperatures. They said they had already shipped. I ordered a Blue Mouse Ears, a Paradigm, a Paul's Glory, a Lakeside Shoremaster and two Tony Avent hostas I never heard of.

I received a Battle Star, Brother Stefan, Impress Wu, Brother Ronald, Grand Tiara and a European Ginger. They are refunding my money, so that's not an issue. They said, keep the plants or give them away.

The ginger didn't survive the trip, but it wouldn't work here anyway. The Tiara is a poor specimen, but will probably recover in a couple of years. The rest are nice specimens. I'll try again on Brother Stefan. This is a larger plant than I had before, so it might work. The Battle Star has a good write up on myhostas.be, so it might work. There is not much info on Brother Ronald.

The one that worries me is Empress Wu. What the Sam Hill am I going to do with a 3 eyed Empress Wu? I only grow in pots and this thing is Huge. I'm not sure I own a pot big enough for it.

bk

Comments (16)