SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

climbing roses with abnormal tiny leaves

EvaElizabeth
last year

I have a 2nd year Abraham Darby rose that has two canes with very tiny leaves instead of verticals. The leaves look otherwise green and healthy, they are just miniature and clustered against the canes instead of growing out into vertical branches. The rest of the canes are normal and have been producing flowers this year. I’ve read this might be from weed killer. I don’t use week killer but we have rock mulch on the property line the HOA cares for so there’s a possibility it’s overspray. Another thread mentioned rose rosette disease and the pictures look similar to my rose, but when I looked up pictures of RRD, they seem to have more discoloration of the leaves and the examples looks less healthy than mine. I’ve tried to take pictures but it’s too bright outside, I’ll try again later tonight before the sun goes down. How would I be able to tell the difference between the two issues? Or something else? This rose had triple the aphids of my other Abraham Darby so I treated it, but only with insecticidal soap one time and I was able to control the rest by spraying water.

Comments (3)