SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
destiny_c

Blockage in Cold Water Pipe

Lynn
last year
last modified: last year

My kitchen faucet has only been giving me a trickle of cold water. The hot water temp and pressure is okay. My husband and I thought it was the faucet that had issues, but changed out the possible cause of the problem and still no change. We disconnected the cold water line and checked the pipe, and sure enough, just a little more than a trickle was coming out. We had a plumber come out twice to diagnose and attempt to see if he could clear the blockage, but unfortunately that didn't work either. Home was built in 1917, and when we did a low budget remodel in the kitchen, the old plumber updated the water pipes to copper. The house still has galvanized pipes per our new plumber at a certain point, which we will be saving up to now have replaced (an expensive job that will take some time to save for).

The plumber will be back after his next job to replace the copper pipe, but last night, my son said the toilet wasn't flushing, and hubby and I found that it looks like the cold water isn't running to the toilet either. Ugh, I love my old home, but am a bit frazzled the issue is making it's way to other fixtures.

Is there anything I should keep in mind when our plumber returns for the work? I'll be sure to let him know about the toilet issue. Is there anything I can maybe do myself to get the toilet water running again? The plumber used an air compressor at a high psi setting, but it seems whatever was in the pipe would move and give up great pressure for a second or two before blocking it once again and taking us back to a trickle.

Appreciate your expertise and advice!

Comments (2)