SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ao8383

Elevation/Floorplan

A O
last year

I’m building a vacation cabin to be used as a short term rental when we can’t be there. I wanted to design the majority of the cabin myself, but I’d still like input from knowledgeable people along the way to make sure I’m not missing anything. So, I thought this would be a good place to get some feedback.

I’ve attached what I have so far with the floor plan and the elevation. Since it will be a short term vacation rental, things like larger closets, garages, etc aren’t all that critical to have, but please let me know if I have committed any structural or design faux pas, or if there are any red flags. Also bear in mind it’s not completely finished - still need to put in all of the windows, and the program I’m using is a little limited on design options....but hopefully you can grasp the big picture of what I’m trying to accomplish.

Some changes were made from creating the floor plan to fleshing out the elevation, most notably, the back wall is now 2.5 feet shorter in the living room and 2.5 feet farther back in the kitchen, media room and the areas above upstairs to make the back wall flat. Okay, fire away and please let me know if you need any other details. Thanks in advance.

Comments (41)