SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

My Rant for the Day

shive
last year

I'm feeling angry and discouraged this morning. First I worked a long time last night on a seedling post that has totally disappeared. Houzz!!! Bah!!!

The gardens this morning were so disappointing. I should have reached peak by now, and my seedlings and the newer plantings I've been watering did. But many of my mids, MLs and even a few earlies have not started blooming yet. Their foliage is yellowing and dying in the extreme heat and drought conditions. On the ones with most of the foliage dying, I'm goiing to cut the scapes off to prevent extreme stress and possible death of the plants. This is as bad as I've ever seen garden conditions folks.

On plants that are faring better, the blooms are faded and very, very small. Six inch flowers are in the three inch range, and some five-inch flowers are blooming at 2.5-3 inches.

So don't expect me to be posting every day. I could only find five daylilies worth photographing this morning. At that rate, I would think I would do only one, perhaps two posts a week. There will be no future glorious garden shots, or pictures of amazing clumps from me - at least for awhile. We have a 58 percent chance of getting some rain on Sunday. I'm praying it happens.

Debra

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting