SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrieann_wood

Need help with stain color !!

Laney
last year

I have redoak hardwood's that were just installed & I don't want to keep natural dye to pink undertones. I wanted a lighter brown I was shown provincial stain, special walnut & coffee brown. I " think" I narrowed it down to either Special walnut or coffee brown? I'm just so nervous about the coffe brown coming out to " reddish " same with Special walnut ? I understand that w redoak hardwood's it will always have that red/ warm color but wanted a nice light to midtone brown that pulls our more brown than red ? I'm rebuilding after a bad house fire my husband was Injured badly ( doing better) but now I'm down to the wire ! I also have to still find a LVP to go upstairs that will match stain to downstairs. I also still need a powder room bathroom tile & backslash tile & lighting throughout the house! I'm overwhelmed n im not " able" to get out so easy bc I have a spinal cord injury so im really struggling to get this all done on a deadline! If anyone has pics of coffee brown on redoak or special walnut please show me pics & tell me about your experience w them. Or do I just go darker like dark walnut / jacobean? Also are the browns considered " dated" or classic? I know everyone is doing White washed or keeping natural ? The two browns shown the top is " special walnut " & underneath is " coffee brown "