FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Just a friendly reminder

amylou321
8 days ago

Tommorow, June 23rd, is National Pink Day! So bake your cakes or other festive pink desserts, hug your loved ones, bring out your favorite pink outfit,paint your toenails pink, or find some other way to celebrate and enjoy this most beautiful of colors!!!!!
Or, in other words, live like me.
Happy Pink Day Eve Everyone!

Comments (46)

• nicole___
    8 days ago
    last modified: 8 days ago

🤣🤣🤣 Enjoy your day Amy!

amylou321 thanked nicole___
  • satine100
    8 days ago

Wow, who knew! Amy, I hope you have a wonderful pink day.

amylou321 thanked satine100
  • Related Discussions

Buy Seed Starting Mix Now!

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks for the reminder to everyone. I picked mine up at our local garden center, they were having a 1/2 price Labor Day Weekend sale on dirt, mulches, etc. I got my bale for 1/2 price. I was so happy.
    ...See More

A friendly reminder and warning..

Q

Comments (13)
    Bill, you asked what to spray your tree with, so this is what I use. If you wanted to drench your soil for critters in the soil, which I wasn't clear if that is what you asked, I use nothing. There is no need for me to do so in the soiless mix I use.. Thanks to a many members here, I was recomended to use a few to "spray". The ones that I have found to work beautifully are, Toni's recipe natural killer...linked on the bottom.. And this year before bringing them in, a combination of rubbing alchohol, pure neem oil, and some dish soap in a quart squirt bottle. Tonis recipe keeps them under control to non-existant all winter, while the other seems to kill pests immediately for good so far. Since using this method, it is the first time I have no pests after a while indoors... I like them both.. Goodluck everyone..Happy winter already! Here is a link that might be useful: tonis recipre
    ...See More

Reminder: Federal holiday

Q

Comments (11)
    I sent the notice out about the bank and po being closed today thanks I jut got an email from someone saying "So that's why the mailman hasn't been here yet!!" Sue I started marking them off the list but lost track I do believe I got them all and love each one. I got so many and few from non kters
    ...See More

Organic Fall Feeding Starts Now

Q

Comments (9)
    The rain. July was more normal, but we still exceeded our monthly rainfall by seven tenths of an inch (the airport) or 2.4 inches (my back deck). Oh, yeah, and today's gorgeous...but the next five days feature high probability of rainfall. My zinnia have alternaria blight from all this.
    ...See More
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    8 days ago

Don't hate me Amy, but pink is my least favorite color in the entire color spectrum so I won't be celebrating. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy a day that was obviously meant for you!!

amylou321 thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • Elmer J Fudd
    8 days ago

Put me down on gardengal's team. I'll echo the same comments.

amylou321 thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • jkayd_il5
    8 days ago

I don't wear or decorate with pink but like pink flowers. Have a happy pink day Amy.

amylou321 thanked jkayd_il5
  • eld6161
    8 days ago

I love light pink. Never knew there was a designated day for it.

Share with us what you do tomorrow.💗

amylou321 thanked eld6161
  • socalgal_gw Zone USDA 10b Sunset 24
    8 days ago

I love pink! Flowers, clothes, my dog’s collar and harness…

amylou321 thanked socalgal_gw Zone USDA 10b Sunset 24
  • Bluebell66
    8 days ago

Happy Pink Day! Enjoy!

amylou321 thanked Bluebell66
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    8 days ago

I love pink, though it shows up mostly in my gardens. I only have a handful of pink colored articles of clothing, which is a shame because it looks so good on me, lol. Actually, pink is universally becoming on everyone, no matter the skin tone, hair color, age, or sex.

My young sprites review their calendar of national "days' every week, a habit we started even before covid closed the schools, so we've been learning all about the color pink. They will make sure that we and all of their friends celebrate it.

Today, by the way, is National Kissing Day, celebrate it with gusto (amongst those closest to you)! It's also onion rings day, which our chef sprite will make is for supper.

amylou321 thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • Rusty
    8 days ago

I'm wearing a pink tank top right now. Would have saved it for tomorrow if I'd known. I'll be sure to use the pink bath towels tomorrow. And when I go to the grocery store later today, I'll pick up a pink Polvorone to eat tomorrow.

Is there a National Blue Day? Or any other color National day?

Rusty

amylou321 thanked Rusty
  • woodrose
    8 days ago

I love pink ! I don't love it as much as Amylou does, but it is one of my favorite colors. There are so many glorious shades of pink I don't know how anyone can't find one they like. Happy Pink Day !

amylou321 thanked woodrose
  • lisa_fla
    8 days ago

Hmm I wouldn’t mind celebrating with an angel food cake with pink frosting!

amylou321 thanked lisa_fla
  • foodonastump
    8 days ago

I went to the store. Nothing pink. They said all their pink shipments were diverted to Texas. What’s going on?

amylou321 thanked foodonastump
  • CA Kate z9
    8 days ago

A day just for you, Amylou. I don't think you'll have any trouble honoring that!

I will have to check what I have to wear tomorrow and make sure somethingn is pink.

amylou321 thanked CA Kate z9
  • olychick
    8 days ago

This seems an appropriate place to ask this. I see people wearing clothes with the word PINK emblazoned on them. Usually T-shirts. They aren't pink in color (put me down on gardengal's team about that, but Amylou's enthusiasm for pink is fun), they just have the word written. I've always assumed they were Pink fans, Pink the singer, but recently I saw something that made me wonder if they are about something else...maybe breast cancer, but there is never the ribbon symbol you see with those items. Anyone know?

amylou321 thanked olychick
  • heatheron40
    8 days ago

I love Pink!

All kinds of pink! Sorry, still milling trim ;^)

amylou321 thanked heatheron40
  • olychick
    8 days ago

I hear you Seagrass - agreed!

amylou321 thanked olychick
  • nickel_kg
    8 days ago

They said all their pink shipments were diverted to Texas. That is puzzling because Amylou is in Alabama, isn't she -- wouldn't all pink things gravitate toward her? :-)

amylou321 thanked nickel_kg
  • Kathsgrdn
    8 days ago

I have a pink strawberry dessert that I still haven't made because it involves cooking. It's too darn hot and I'm sweating from working in the garden. I do like pink though!

amylou321 thanked Kathsgrdn
  • lily316
    8 days ago

I can honestly say I have zero pink in my big house but I love it in the garden where there are many pots of lavender and pink flowers everywhere. I did have a pale delicate pink in the nursery when my daughter was born.

amylou321 thanked lily316
  • palisades_
    8 days ago

I didn’t know such a day exists. I don’t love it but I like it! Happy day tomorrow but why wait,

amylou321 thanked palisades_
  • foodonastump
    8 days ago

Olychick - PINK is a brand. Same family as Victoria’s Secret.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/us/pink

• plllog
    8 days ago

I don't know how well they cut, but I thought of you, Amylou:

amylou321 thanked plllog
  • Judy Good
    8 days ago

I will wear my bright pink shirt!!

amylou321 thanked Judy Good
  • eld6161
    8 days ago

I think I will too.

amylou321 thanked eld6161
  • Lars
    8 days ago

From the Palm Springs Vintage Market:

24 piece set for $100

I do like pink. Here's an outfit I used to wear:

Pants made in Brazil, plastic shoes from Greece, belt from women's dept of Neiman-Marcus Houston, pink and gold lamé socks and shoe laces from The Funny Farm in San Francisco. I had some pink mirrored aviator sunglasses, but I took them off in this photo. I was warned not to wear this on the street in central Texas - photo from 1981.

amylou321 thanked Lars
  • foodonastump
    8 days ago

“That is puzzling because Amylou is in Alabama, isn't she -- wouldn't all pink things gravitate toward her? :-)”

Maybe her employer bought it all up for a present.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    8 days ago

I had to laugh at the pink knife set! Just what our Amy needs.

amylou321 thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • chloebud
    8 days ago

Not much pink inside our house, but this beach towel I ordered for our two-year-old granddaughter arrived today.

ETA - Just remembered my pink onion goggles.🌸

amylou321 thanked chloebud
  • l pinkmountain
    8 days ago

One can never celebrate enough pink!

Love that outfit Lars. Funny, I have always thought you were a blonde . . .

amylou321 thanked l pinkmountain
  • bbstx
    8 days ago

Another pink fan here. I need the name of a good OPI pink polish. Last time I had a pedi, I went through 3 samples of pink polish on my toes and I didn’t like any of them. Finally went with the last one only because I was embarassed to ask the nail tech to try again. But I wasn’t happy.

amylou321 thanked bbstx
  • gracefullyaged
    8 days ago

@olychick PINK is a brand of clothing sold at Victoria's Secret. (I am not making this up) 😉

amylou321 thanked gracefullyaged
  • Olychick
    8 days ago

Thank you, FOAS and gracefullyaged! Mystery solved.

amylou321 thanked Olychick
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    7 days ago

Happy pink day! I love pink! Just bought 4 hot pink Italian linen tops and a summer dress from TJ , The 4 tops are in two different styles. I collected all the pink ones from two TJ stores. And bought a few hot pink straw hats. It’s very hard to find hot pink straw hats, so I bought all the ones in stock, 8 in total. They should last me for a long time, It’s even harder to find pink riding boots, I ended up with two pink hiking boots.

amylou321 thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • linda campbell
    7 days ago

hot pink? I am all over it! Baby pink not so much!! My much beloved dishes are Mason's Pink Vista...actually more wine colored,,,,and in keepingw ith this forum I'll have some shrimp, lobster... just one small snow crab cluster and a small filet mignon, very pink in the middle, follow with a bowl of strawberry short cake and serve al l with a nice rose...please!

amylou321 thanked linda campbell
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    7 days ago

I'm not a fan of pink generally, but for some reason that pale warm pink that's near beige is attractive to me...could do a room in it....

And of course flowers can come in whatever shade of pink they want and look absolutely stunning.

amylou321 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Lars
    7 days ago

l pinkmountain. in 1981, my natural hair color was auburn, but I dyed it medium ash brown to get rid of the red tones and the gray. By the time I was 50, my natural color was ash blond, and so I stopped dying it.

This is one of my favorite pink flowers:

It is also one that I've had the longest, and I kept putting it in larger pots, allowing it to grow into a very large plant. The flowers are iridescent and almost gaudy because their colors are so intense.

amylou321 thanked Lars
  • Alisande
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

My first dipladenia, acquired this week. I'll give it a place of prominence for the occasion.

amylou321 thanked Alisande
  • heatheron40
    7 days ago

Bbstx- I do not have an OPI color- but I have Sally Hansen ;^) If I pick a color at the salon and don't like it, you can paint over with a color you like. I have done this with both gel and dipped methods.

Make sure you Clearcoat on top ;^)

amylou321 thanked heatheron40
  • linda campbell
    7 days ago

I was going to suggest a Sally Hanson Get Juiced....but thought that too plebian for an OPI fan.

amylou321 thanked linda campbell
  • chloebud
    7 days ago

Some pink outside. Like Alisande, we have Mandevilla, too.

amylou321 thanked chloebud
  • OutsidePlaying
    7 days ago

Amylou, i didn't forget and wore this today. I love to wear pink as i think it flatters my skin tone. Hot pink too, but i don’t feel ’flashy’ and don’t wear that color much anymore unless it’s under a jacket.

My favorite garden color combo is purple, pink and white.

amylou321 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • CA Kate z9
    7 days ago

I managed to find a pink top to wear today. I may even go with pink nail polish too. My favorite pink rose is Lady Of Guadalopé.

amylou321 thanked CA Kate z9
  • bbstx
    7 days ago

Oh, y’all! I don’t know one nail polish brand from another. I only specified OPI because it seems that most nail salons carry that brand.

amylou321 thanked bbstx
  • OutsidePlaying
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

Bbstx, here are a few I have used. I can’t recall the name of the one I’m wearing now but it’s more of a pale dusty rose pink. Yeah, i’ve been on a pink toe polish kick lately.

The first is Suzi Shops and Island Hops

This is P(ink) on Canvas

And this is Getting Nadi on my Honeymoon

amylou321 thanked OutsidePlaying