SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diane_nesman

New drop in sink for granite countertop? Will it fit? Please advise.

Diane Nesman
last year

Our old under mount cast iron sink needs replacing but there is no same sized option.

Love to avoid cutting granite if possible.

Can I replace the under mount sink with a drop in stainless sink? Hoping to cover the strange cut out.

36" inch cabinet

New stainless drop in sink is 33" x 22" overall dimension flange including the faucet area.

New bowl dimension are 29.52" x 16.25

Granite hole dimension are currently 17" wide, 30.5" long (19" wide at bump out end top left)

Directions for new sink cut out to be much bigger. (32.6" x 21.38" ) but that seems larger than necessary.

Can this sink fit in my current hole? It seems they make the cut out larger than necessary?

Hubby is very handy and can cut the granite to widen the corners in place (tented, with PPE, wet saw) a bit if necessary but we really don't want to go there as it's messy.

Please help. I paid $300 to have it painted and that lasted 3 months. $4000 for new quartz countertops.; Geesh Louise. I need a sink that fits and would pay $$$ to find one but I really think this one will fit. I put the link to the new sink from the Home Depot site.

Comments (18)