SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevin_rymer73

Pro terminal edge trim higher than tile on bench

Kevin
last year

Hello - I just had a new shower installation with the Wedi waterproofing system. We elected to have the contractor install a corner bench seat and used a 5/16" Pro-terminal edge trim pictured below. We noticed that as water splashes on the bench seat it slightly pools on the left front side by the trim (as pictured). I looked at it closer and noticed that the top of the edge trim is slightly higher than the grout and hexagon tile on top of the bench, as you can see with the level I have pictured.

I am debating whether to ask the contractor if he can fix this, and if so what is involved with doing that. I'm not sure if the trim can just be taken out and lowered, so that the hexagon tile does not all need to be re-sloped, or if I need to see if I can find smaller height trim (less than 5/16"), or if all the hexagon tile needs to come out and re-sloped to be higher then the trim.

It's not a big deal to wipe the little bit of water accumulation out of there with our squeegee, so I don't want to come across as a big deal, but wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz