SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
genesis90

Bedroom floor has a dip in it under our bed - what do I do?

Genesis
last year

hi folks, I’m new here so please go easy on me - I hope this is the right topic to place this in!

in any case, the master bedroom of the home I’m renting has a slant in it… I cant tell if it slants down starting from the left of the room (from standing in the doorway) or if it slants down starting from the right, but I think it’s possible there’s a dip in the middle of the room. We first noticed this upon moving in, when we placed a bookshelf against the wall and the top was at an angle! It was by our balcony door just…slanting down, starting from its left edge. We moved the bookshelf to the other side of the room, against the side wall, and it threatened to tip over. We stacked 4-5 pennies under the front edges of the bookshelf to level it, but there remains another problem… Our bed isn’t level. I THINK this is what’s making it so difficult for my partner & I to sleep - we keep rolling into each other! Our bed is in the middle of the room and my partner sleeps on the left side of it; myself, I sleep on the right. As a temporary solution, we put a big pillow between us, but it remains to be seen what else we can do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments (2)