SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_422368488

3rd week of June2022

HU-422368488
last year
last modified: last year

Well , it's almost summer soltice. Long days of the year.

About my east garden. Summer squash was loading up all of a sudden , but now seemed to stop almost. The heat wave I guess. Green beans started producing . Got a first picking of them . Hope they go ahead with another flush or two. Shell beans are showing more pods .Hoping for a good bean yield this year , finally , if the heat don't shut them back down. Tomatoes started setting some fruit but they've been a little slow. Started digging potatoes. They're a little small with a few almost decent size. Onions didn't size up to good, but got some at least. Haven't pulled the long day ones yet , some of them have bolted. Need to finish digging the rest of the potatoes and onions , clear that space out and plant back in southern peas. I got okra up finally so should be set for okra. Got some winter squash up and growing. Field corn is up shoulder high with some pole beans growing into it. The brocolli has been producing some with side shoots . The cabbage has been a little slow filling out. Have been getting kale and some collard greens. Don't know for how much longer with the heat setting in. Caynenne hot peppers started producing even though the plants are just about a foot high.

Got a few cucumbers but they're already starting to stunt from the heat.

Well , that's my update.

How's everybody else doing.?

Rick

Comments (24)