SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_388851370

Looking for good rambler roses

D D
last year

I'm looking for a good rose that would climb artistically up and across the side of my house (with trellis support if needed), require little care aside from weekly watering and occasional pruning if it got too big, have a beautiful fragrance, and produce good hips. The hips don't have to be particularly large or anything, but I would like to experiment with using them in cooking and tea-making, so extra credit if anyone knows anything about flavor outside of the most common roses used for them. I don't love the look of flat blooms so would prefer something else; thorns and a single bloom period are fine. I live in the USA, hardiness zone on the border between 6 and 7. Realistically I don't expect anything I grow to be the most perfect, beautiful, prize-winning plant ever; I just think roses are neat.

I've been looking at ramblers and am in that stage of searching where I have a million tabs open and am having trouble narrowing it down, so I figured I'd come check whether anyone had any suggestions from personal experience. The current front runner is Paul's Himelayan Musk just because it sounds giant and unkillable, but as mentioned, I'm still torn between a lot of options. Thank you for any tips you have!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor