SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmuhrich

"Desperately Seeking Chairs"

last year
last modified: last year

Our club lounge needs a refresh and I am trying to find a chair that goes with the 70s/80s vibe tables. They are in decent condition but the chairs do get alot of use but are huge, heavy and awkward. Every time you push them in you get your fingers pinched on the arms and table. Ideas welcomed

Comments (9)

• last year

Yes the carpet willl be staying for a few more years...

• last year

Do you have an idea on the budget for each chair?

• last year

They will get alot of use! We would need about 30 of them or 36 actually. They have not told me a budget I told them I would seek assistance and come up with a plan. Baby steps will have to run it by the facilities committee but we have the money for improvements. It looks dark in there!! So dated and the tables are not terrible. Would love to get ideas of budget, moderate and high end!!

• last year

I think arms are important for comfort. How about lower arms that wouldn’t cause pinch points?

lmuhrich thanked ffpalms
  • last year

I’m finding it very hard to find a good chair. This is the only option I’ve found as yet, and it may still have arms that are too high. They’re from leadersfurniture.com

lmuhrich thanked ffpalms
  • last year

You should probably look at some restaurant furnishing sites like this one https://www.restaurantfurnitureplus.com/collections/upholstered-chairs

lmuhrich thanked mardsz
  • last year

You need contract/commercial grade chairs. You need to make sure the chairs are sturdy and stable for public use, specially if they might be used by any obese members or guests ... liability!

Any designers/decorators that are members of your club and willing to help source the furniture? If not, the club might need to hire a designer to source to-the-trade-only contract/commercial grade furniture.

lmuhrich thanked chispa
  • last year

Link...I did not request pricing.