SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_996109807

Help! Bona Nautral primer and Bona Traffic Raw HD white streaks

S V
last year
last modified: last year

To start the story off - we had a contractor that did a very poor job at sanding and applying the varnish. They had sanded the floor, and applied varnish weeks later, so any dirt from their boots was trapped under the varnish.

I had done a lot of research with which products to go with, and settled on the Natural Raw HD as i liked the matte look, and it would provide years of durability.

Over the weekend we had a wood installer resand our floors and apply these two products. He applied one coat of Bona Natural Primer and 3 coats of Bona Traffic Raw HD.

When he had put the primer I had noticed some roller marks, which i had brought to his attention. He told me that this was normal and that they would go away with time, and once the primer had fully dried.

I was staying away from the home so that they could work properly, and after they had put the second coat of Bona Primer I had noticed that these marks are still on the floor. It is most visible when you are facing the floor with the sun to your back.

I love the final wood finish, but is it true that these marks will go away with time? what could be the cause of them?

The wood installer we went with exclusively uses Bona products, and so i would assume he knew what he was talking about.

Online it said that if the primer is not shaken enough these white marks could appear.

Any assistance is much appreciated!!

After Bond Natural Primer:

My Project · More Info

After 3rd Coat of Bona Traffic HD Raw

My Project · More Info

Comments (4)