SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkarenorkaren

Eye issue...agh

I kept feeling like I had either an eye lash or cat hair in my eye but couldn't see anything. When I got home I used flashlight and it looks like I have a small pimple on my lid. Annoying me cuz it torches my eye. Anyone ever have this happen? It's not a constant annoyance but frustrating when I feel it.

Comments (12)

• Bookwoman
    last year

It sounds like you have a stye. Warm compresses usually help: https://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-are-chalazia-styes

• Elizabeth
    last year

My daughter had this. It was a round hard pimple type thing. It did not respond to compresses. She had it removed by an eye surgeon. It only took a minute to remove. Followed by some eye drops for a while. It did not recur.

• samkarenorkaren
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

I'll try the compress. Took an ibuprofen and it's helping. Will keep checking it and hope it goes away. Thanks.

• smiling
    last year

It's possible you have a blocked oil duct on your eyelid there where the "pimple" is. When I had one, I was able to bring it to a head with warm (not hot enough to burn!) compresses. It's important to do the compresses for about 15 minutes at a time, keeping them warm the whole time, and repeat about four times over the course of the day. It could appear to get bigger and worse, which will help the blockage finally pop, and then recede. Don't even think about trying to pop it yourself, you could cause a real injury or get an abcess.

Of course, I'm not an eye doctor, this is just what mine told me to do when I had this. My neighbor had one a few months later, but hers never popped, and had to be removed surgically, so if you don't get results in a few days, you might want to call your opthamologist.

Afterward, my doctor also advised taking a daily capsule of Flax Seed Oil to help keep things loose and moving in the eyelid oil ducts. So far, no recurrence since starting that.

Best of luck getting it resolved!

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

In addition to the warm compresses, you can also try eye massages. It’s very easy to do with your forefinger while in the shower. I had one and the massages really help and I still do them occasionally. My eye surgeon recommended baby shampoo, but i got pretty good with jist gentle facial cleanser and keeping my eyes closed so no soap got in my eyes.

Using a curved forefinger, gently sweep it down your closed eyelid toward your eyelashes about 15 times on each eye. then do the same on the bottom lid. it’s a little harder on the bottom lid to keep soap out of your eye. The soap reduces friction so it makes it easy to do with any gentle cleanser.

• Jasdip
    last year

I had a sty once when I was welding. The grease had clogged up a tear duct. Hot compresses etc, then the doctor cut it out with a scalpel in a second.

• PRO
    MDLN
    last year

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    last year

I sure wouldn't wait very long before seeing an ophthalmologist. In my experience, a simple stye will resolve itself very quickly with warm compresses.

• foodonastump
    last year

Must be the week for eye issues. My daughter has had an itchy, swollen eye lid all week. Started a day after potential exposure to poison ivy so we’re going with that for now, although it’s the only place affected.

• petalique
    last year

Samkaren, try to see an eye doc soon. I hope you feel better.

• samkarenorkaren
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks everyone. Luckily it hasn't been an issue today. I was doing a type of massage last night and the warm compress. Feels a lot better but will keep checking it.

• Bluebell66
    last year
    last modified: last year

I occasionally - 5 or 6 times a years - get what looks like a teeny tiny clear blister on the edge of my lid. It's not any of the things MDLN posted pics of. They feel like a piece of grit or eye lash in the eye and are so irritating! I always wash my hands really well after a shower, then quickly scrape it off with my finger nail. I have never had any irritation or infection or other negative result after doing this. I asked the eye doctor about it once and he said that is absolutely fine to do as long as my hands are well washed. He told me what they are, but now I can't recall. I'll have to ask again when I see him later ths summer. CAUTION/NOTE: I wouldn't advise anyone else to try this unless they have a diagnosis and know what they're dealing with. (My method works great for ME, and as I said, my doctor is fine with it for this particular thing I experience.)