Houzz Logo Print

Roundup sprayer and sprayer repair kit

I've got a Round-Up garden sprayer, model 010P1O. I need to apply the Parts Repair Kit, part 181538.

The instructions say to squeeze the tabs on the cap of the pump assembly and either pull up or turn counterclockwise. (They don't make it clear which instructions apply to this model.) I can't get either instruction to work.

The body of the pump assembly is smooth and difficult to grip in order to either twist or pull the cap.

The tabs are recessed below the rim of the cap, making them difficult to grip, and they are very stiff, making them difficult to squeeze.

The tabs are also positioned so that squeezing them blocks my vision so I can't see what I'm doing.

Finally, holding the pump column, squeezing the tabs, and twisting or pulling the cap all at once requires me to do two things at once with the same hand. The whole operation seems to be beyond a normal person's strength and/or dexterity.

Have you successfully done this? If so, how did you do it? I'm beginning to feel that it's a hopeless task; I'd be better off throwing away the sprayer and repair kit and buying a new sprayer!


DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!
Best of Houzz 2024: The results are in!