SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
venexiano

Opinion on my kitchen-floor-bar-fireplace remodeling (3D walkthrough)?

venexiano
last year
last modified: last year

Dear all,

I am almost done with picking up things for my remodeling. I thank everyone who gave me many suggestions in my past posts. My remodeling consists of:

- White oak 8" rift quartered select 4 mm wear layer throughout the house(60k installed)

- tearing down 2 partial walls around the kitchen, new kitchen and appliances, redoing year-1959 electrical and plumbing, replastering and repainting all open space: (117k)

- New built-in bar/storage area in veneer wood (26k)

- New plumbed Opty Myst electric fireplace bumpout with same veneer wood as the bar (30k)

- Sonos sound system throughout open space and outdoor by the pool (6k)

The kitchen is already purchased, as well as the wood floor. What I would like to ask here is an opinion on the fireplace bumpout and the bar, which I still have to pay (only the bumpout frame is done, but I still have to pick the tiles and cabinets). Here is a link for a 3D walkthrough of the project rendering (https://neo.foyr.com/magiktour/index.html?view=629c376d5f4b3639ba140c85). On the top right, you can click on one of the five cameras and rotate around with the left click of the mouse. Below are the floorplan and pictures of renderings. I also attached below the pics of the pre-remodeling situation. You see how dark everything is and how I am trying to light up the space with this light champagne woodfloor. For max brightness, the wall will be Chantilly Lace in all the open space (but it's not done yet so I am happy to change it if you have better suggestions. The lacquered kitchen cabinets are pure white so I think a more yellow undertone as in Simply White won't look good with the kitchen. The furniture and pool table will be the same ones you see in the pre-renovation pics (mostly West Elm stuff), except for the bars stool, and the couch/chairs in front of the fireplace, I still didn't pick a color/model, but I was thinking an off white or light color that suite the space could work (any suggestion)? How do you think that Pietra Gray from Infinity looks on the wooden bar and fireplace cabinets? That countertop is left over from a second Pietra Gray slab, I needed only 1/20th of it to complete the Kitchen peninsula. Also, what do you think of that darker oak on the fireplace and bar, does it flow nicely with the lighter woodfloor? I am undecided if I should get the Calacatta Oro Bedrosian tiles on the fireplace, or the Emser Uptown Manhattan. At the bottom there is the fireplace rendering in 4K with the Calacatta and the Emser. Which one do you like best? I feel the warmer Calacatta goes better with the wood and suits the family room area. Thank you everyone for any suggestion you could give me to improve it.

Comments (3)