SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_431508261

Vent hood suggestions that work with existing appliances and new range

dlcarole
last year

We are renovating our kitchen & some other spaces. Our kitchen style is warm and inviting, and uncluttered, and is in a 100 year-old Craftsman style home (dormers) with orchard and lake views in Western Canada. Kitchen measures about 13'x13', plus bringing in a 3-foot section on the far left in the photo (that non-load-bearing wall & framed doorway will be removed, allowing for a continuous space). We are keeping our well-functioning and fairly new fridge and dishwasher, which are white stainless KitchenAid models with round, stainless steel bar handles (see photo). The fridge will be on the far right, then the dishwasher and a 30" white cast iron apron front sink under the south-facing window (see rough Excel plan, which is being tweaked but shows where we're headed). The range will be centred between the two windows, with no upper cabinets, for an open, airy and light-filled space

. We could have a stainless range because of the fridge & DW handles, but we've fallen for the dead sexy 30" Cafe induction slide-in double oven range in matte white with brass hardware (the stainless hardware options for the range do not appeal to us). I will tie in the brass with some sconce lights on that wall but I am at a loss for the vent hood that doesn't look bland or commercial. Custom metal hoods are just too expensive and are too much of a "big element" dominating the space. Cabinetry will likely be white Shaker-style (timeless and I read that white appliances pretty much need white cabinets); would a simple but not plain wood/cabinetry hood work? If so, inspo images would be appreciated, as well as an idea of price point. The kitchen will have a cased opening 10' or so wide (due to load-bearing wall and mechanical stuff), leading to the dining room which will be fully open to the living room. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (3)