SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whysofma

need neutral/light color for home office furniture in dark space

Jim-E
last year

Since my employer's office has closed down, the only place in my home to set up my home office is my finished basement. This finished basement is about 5 years old and was built originally for the extra space, give the kids a playroom, and act as a mancave (a little bit). It was furnished with SW Rice Grain for the walls, white trim, a similar hue for light wood flooring, and dark brown mocha stairs/railing with A LOT of Ikea black/brown furniture. This palette, in addition to not much natural light, weighs on me as I'm working down here for 40+ hours a week. I have good recessed LED lighting, but adding that to all the black furniture and warm walls feels too domestic, not what I'm looking for in an office mood.

So I'm trying to lighten the palette and I've had some suggestion to get rid of all the Ikea black/brown. It's used for my desks, my shelving, large storage bureaus, and certainly the color of the computers, monitors, and IT gear.

I like the wall color with the white trim, but now I need a 3rd color (or neutral). So if the walls are Rice Grain, the floors are a light engineered wood, what light color would you choose for office furniture? Bonus for additional colors to use for accents.

Comments (2)