SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelstop

Cambria Quartz issue (or is it?)

remodelstop
last year

Quick recap for those who don’t want to read: is the white spot acceptable in brand new Cambria counters?

Long story: I had my kitchen counters installed yesterday, well, partially installed. There was a strange spot in the inner corner of a piece. It was very ugly and did not match any of the pattern/veining elsewhere. We had the installers remove it and as they flipped it upside down you could see from the bottom that it apparently was a repaired spot. I have no idea why Cambria would send a brand new countertop to us that had already been broken and repaired.

While they were installing the rest of the counter, I noticed a weird white spot. As I looked closer I could see a few smaller little white spots on same island piece . I hated to complain as I already made a fuss over the weird spot on the inner corner edge.

But as I’m looking at it more today it’s starting to bother me more. It’s large- it looks like a thumbprint smudge. It also reflects the light differently, it has different sheen. I’m honestly disappointed with Cambria. They are supposed to be the best, they are more expensive, and they’re made in the USA.

I bought a cheap quartz counter at Menards years ago and didn’t have any weird spots and then I spent $10,000 on these counters and I’m having all sorts of issues. But do you think this white spot is normal or acceptable? I’m including the repaired edge that we have already sent back.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!