SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_827788900

How can I keep the mud from coming inside?

HU-827788900
last year
last modified: last year

So I used to have an absolutely beautiful back yard. Think lush grass, I'd even roll it to put the stripes into the deep green sea of grass blades...Then I feel in love with another beautiful creature. This woman then became my fiancé. Though my fiance has a big heart, not only for me, but also dogs. At first one, then two, they soon multiplide to 3 large permanent dogs with up to sometimes over a dozen fosters. Needless to say I now have no more grass, a barren wasteland exists now.The amount of dust is INSANE. When it rains I swear it's muddied inside than out. So I don't know how to combat the problem. I've thought about mulch but I think they'd chew on them. I've thought about fake grass but for 2000 square feet the price would be too much. I've thought about landscape fabric and pea gravel but I think they'd dig it the fabric. I'm leaning towards 3 inches of pea gravel on the soil. I'm told it'd sink into the soil but I think 3 inches would be sufficient.I'm just looking for a good solution to keep the mud out of the house. One week goes by and everything seems to have an inch collected on it.
I still get my front yard for grass so I'm looking to turn the entire back to mud free.

Comments (8)