SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristy_dainton

Paint Color for Ensuite

Kristy D
last year

Hi Everyone! I have been struggling with choosing a paint color for my ensuite and was hoping I could get some input. Here are a few details to consider:

-Vanity is a dark espresso color with Cold Spring granite countertops

-Trim paint is Dulux Lifemaster semi-gloss with 5 BX per pail (5 drops of black tint)

-Floor tile is Centura Marte Perla (looks beige or light grey depending on the lighting)

-Shower wall tile is Centura Logan Gris (looks peachy under certain lighting)

-Shower floor tile is Faber Honed Marble Escarpment (the beiger version - I'm 99% sure they installed the wrong color as I wanted grey)

-Bulbs in light fixtures are 4000K

When I originally painted I used a color matched to Premier Paints Tundra which has both green and violet undertones depending on the lighting. I was happy with this color on all of the walls except for the one next to the shower as I felt like it clashed with the shower tile. Due to an issue with the paint (I was not able to even wipe it without creating a shiny patch) I needed to repaint and decided to try a lighter color that blended better with the shower. I chose BM Balboa Mist, which unfortunately looks light pink in the room (even though it doesn't appear so in my photos).

So now I'm on the hunt for a new color that ties everything together a little better. I've bought a few samples (my husband likes the dark colors but I'm definitely leaning towards something lighter). From left to right: BM Barnboard, BM Waynesboro Taupe, PP Tundra (previous color), SW Agreeable Gray, BM Revere Pewter, BM Collingwood. Any thoughts on whether one of these colors would work or suggestions on another color I should look into?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cold Spring Granite

Centura Marte Perla Floor Tile

Centura Logan Gris Shower Wall Tile

Faber Escarpment Honed Marble Hexagon Shower Floor Tile

PP Tundra with lights on

PP Tundra with lights on

PP Tundra

BM Balboa Mist with lights on

BM Balboa Mist with lights on

BM Balboa Mist with lights off

BM Balboa Mist with lights off