SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mischievous_magpie

High Country Banshee

Not a lot of details available on it, HCR's website just says:
"Damask – Alba, (origin unknown, prior to 1773). We’ve called this shrub Banshee for years, but Denver rosarians tell us it’s something else. For now, we’ll call it “High Country Banshee”. Exceptionally fragrant, clear pink, very double blooms cover this bush in early summer. Small, dark red hips and purple foliage add interest in fall. Height 6 to 10 feet, even in light shade, with excellent hardiness."
I noticed today that it's the only rose that I have that doesn't have green buds. I mean they are green, bud they're so densely covered in pink... Uh... Something? Sorry I do not know the word for what it is, I will attach a photo, but it gives the whole bud the overall effect of looking pink even though of course it's unopened. Since none of my other roses have that trait and there is not much known about the lineage of this rose, can someone tell me if that reddish pink bud color is common of a certain class/type of rose? I'd like to try to learn more about it since I really like it so far. It's so pretty already even without having opened: pink tinged buds and really blue/green leaves.

Comments (12)