SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jszembrodt

Outdoor Kitchen Buildout

Joey Zembrodt
last year
last modified: last year

Hello all! I posted previously about materials for this project but now have run into road block as the contractor has been so delayed, I am now looking for option to build out the kitchen myself (or at least purchase framing for contractor to install). I already purchased grill, burner, smoker, and access doors - I just need the cabinet base build out. The contractor was between block and pressure treated wood to custom frame out the base and then we would finish in stone or stucco and then lay granite top. I am seeing a lot of steel kit options online but have no idea what is going to be best from timing and cost perspective. It is all covered but I want to make sure this stands up over time. I am curious to know if anyone has taken something like this on and what the experience was like. I have looked into several online companies that appear to build out a kit but have no idea what cost for this is and how easy it actually is. I ordered insulated sleeves for the grill and burner so we have flexibility with materials... if we go completely noncombustable, then they can be returned.

This project was initially supposed to take a few months and we are going on month 8 of having no backyard(not great with two dogs) and who knows how much longer we will be waiting for the kitchen part to be built out.

I have attached current photo of where we are at, along with plans for kitchen. Again I want to do this right but also trying to expedite and potentially save some money as well. My contractor doesn't seem to have as much experience with this as he initially proposed (and we are of course WELL over budget already). Much appreciated!

Comments (2)