SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_172970285

Rug Runner for Entryway Opening into Living Room

S Hansen
last year

Hi Everyone!

I have searched everywhere and can't believe this one hasn't been touched - or maybe my search terms didn't score any hits. Anyway, we have a front door that opens into the living room and a hallway that meets perpendicular to the living room as well. We created an entryway using the back of our couch and a bench on the opposite wall, and it looks great; however, the right rug runner would polish it off nicely and the one pictured feels like it is just not it. I am okay with the orange/rust with smidges of turquoise and black in the photo, but my eye is telling me that more can be done to this great entry space we created.

We placed two identical rug runners in the perpendicular hallway (looks great!), but we feel it is too much of the same, and the same is not our style. We think a reddish oriental or rustic-type runner might complement the folk art in the entryway, but would it compliment the orange/rust hallway runners since they would reside close to each other? We know red and orange play well together, but would it be cohesive or confusing? Orange is good, but somehow we ended up with a lot of it throughout our house.

Also, we feel that the 2'4 x 7' in the entryway is just too short, too. Should it extend all of the way past the perpendicular hallway and the hutch falling just short of the dining room? Or just keep the length and add a sisal doormat at the door?

Ever have that feeling that a design is good, but a slight tweak could really take it over the top? This is our dilemma.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (8)