SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mschinzel8900

Kitchen designers - pls help!!!

mschinzel8900
last year

Hello all. I am looking in for opinions on my layout. I live in an old home built in 1865 that is three brick thick. Ther are a total of 5 windows and 4 doors in the kitchen ( not joking lol ) and all the traffic patterns that go along with it.

We tend to like the design regarding the left of the windows

• 36 in pantry to the left of the frig, 37 in opening for frig, 36 in cabinet above and side panel to right of frig.

Then we like the design of a 42 in drawer base, 15 in roll out to left of range and 15 in roll out to right of range.

Regarding the island we want a basic configuration of a 36 in sink base for apron sink, 18 in roll out garbage, 24 in opening for dishwasher to the right of the sink and end cabinets of drawers ( thinking 3 to match ) the wall config. My concern is the dishwasher when open at same time someone is
standing in front of frig. We are getting a French door frig btw. Pls any suggestions. My husband and family think I am over thinking this.
We have one usable wall for cabinets and an island across from it. Here are some prelim designs. We are planning to do a white on the wall cabinets and quartersawn and rift white oak on the island. With all the traffic patterns the design abilities are so so limited. We are trying to make the small amount of area we have a fission and work well. My only concern is that the refrigerator is so much close to the dishwasher and when both are open they won’t touch but the space will be closed off. I don’t know if that’s a common situation. Just wanted some opinions. I am enclosing a picture of the floor as well. It’s the original red oak floor. It’s really the shining star of the room. It creates a lot of visual energy. We are trying to stay simple with the colors and designs to not overwhelm the eye. Many have said we need a contrasting dark color on the island but we don’t like the heaviness that created. We are using Mouser inset cabinets and hope for a light color stone or quartz. Thx for any advice and critique !!!

Comments (16)